4
That night, her reflection in the mirror said something.
Something that was hard to believe until then. She wasn’t ready to get there,
the truth. The fact that-she knew herself, she would
never be ready. It would always stick as unpredictable. But that beautiful
image of a bride of herself, scared her, it made her accept the truth. The
truth that she wasn’t happy nor she ever would be if she stayed and it was
enough to make an escape. That night she ran from everything that could secure her from social stigma. She took
a risk. She left.
Leaving was the only thing that she found comfort in. It was
the only thing that freed her off to somewhere her soul intended to be. And it came as a wonderful stroke of luck
when she found Adam, at the airport, a perfect partner in crime. Together, it
could be magical.
5
“I cannot be any tired
than this.” Rosa said yawning at her seat. The plane would land anytime then.
“I still can’t believe you ran-away from your wedding. I am a struggling musician
and the guy you were so close to marrying had been a mogul…Really, what made
you change your mind? Rose, are you listening?”
“The fact that I am talking to you…is a miracle.” Rosa said
indifferently.
“Come on. Is that because, you find me approachable or
because I am just too sexy?” Adam smirked.
“You’re talky.”
Adam grinned at Rosa’s pouting.
“I am afraid you have to see a lot of me now. I think we’re here.” Adam got up from his seat
and fetched their luggage up while Rosa was trying hard not to fall asleep.
“Get up, sleepyhead. Welcome to New York City!”
Rosa rubbed her eyes and her face split into a wide grin
looking at the view then at Adam. It was a starting of a new chapter in her life. It excited
her.
6
Adam’s car looked like one of those eat street buses on TLC.
The difference was it looked fine from the outside, but inside, was a hot mess.
He said he liked it that way. He was right, it was cozy but it wasn’t much
female friendly.
“I think we have to make some changes here.”
“All it needs is just a little clean up and you’re good to
go.” Said Adam while picking up an old cheetos packet from the seat.
“A little? I think it needs a massive cleaning. And listen, masturbator,
hide those magazines or I’ll bury you.”
“Geez now you sound like my mother.” Adam scoffed.
“No seriously, we need to set some ground rules.” Rosa said.
“Okay mommy. Can we do that over lunch? I am starving.”
She was in the bedding while Adam was preoccupied collecting
those magazines from the corners of the seat. “Is that…?” Rosa came along with something
hanging from the tip of her index finger that looked like a lingerie.
“If this what you wear at night I am outta here.” Rosa
mocked.
“Don’t act so innocent.”
“Ground rule number one: No car sex while I am here. Do it
in a gas station or something.”
Adam scoffed. “Why do you get to make the rules? This is my
car.”
Rosa crossed her arms. “Because. I will let you use my
lovely voice.”
“Fair enough. So now can we go eat?”
“Where to? You don’t cook?”
“Cooking leads to cleaning dishes and I am just not up for
it now.”
Rosa collapsed in the seat. “You go. I need to grab a nap.”
“Yeah you seem jetlagged. I’ll take out something for ya.
You like Mexican?”
“I love Mexican.”
“Cool. So I gotta go, Lock from the inside okay?”
Rosa curled up in her seat. Adam went to grab a lunch.
Comments
Post a Comment