new chapter of a new story draft..ENJOY^^

My mother passed away when I was thirteen. After that my life became a constant string of agony. I was brought up without a father in the first place. My mother never told me who my father was or where he lives nor she left me any of the traces so I could find him. She was my family. And I lost her. Then I was sent to child support. They put me up for adoption.
In just two months, I got to see my new parents. A middle aged couple took me to a large mansion I then called my home. I thought I was going to be fine. I would have been fine with the arrangement, I got a room of my own, I got space to play, I was about to start in a new school within a week but then I got kidnapped. Did I mention my new parents were ridiculously rich? They had to pay the price for the sake of my life but for some weird reason they didn't. Well, I was a newly adopted child, not worth a thousand, let alone million. They didn't send the money, also stopped calling the kidnappers.

They made me do stuff to them. I said- they made me. Back then I didn't know what it really was. I just knew it hurt like crazy. I screamed to the top of my lungs. They tied me up. Kept me gagged. I didn't have any idea about the time, it was always dark in that place. I didn't eat, I didn't sleep.

After what felt like an eternity they released my ties and grabbed me outside. I couldn't open my eyes. I was weak and the light was killing my eyesight. They drove me somewhere. I can't remember the rest. I woke up in a hospital. They asked me thousand queries about who I was, how I was feeling and stuff. I couldn't answer any of them. I sobbed like a child.

After that, things happened in a systematic way.

They couldn't locate my adoption papers. It was six months after my mom died. I didn't have anybody to take me in.

This time I took the hold of my fate.

I ran away from the hospital. 
I didn't have any map in my mind. All I wanted to do was leave. I didn't have any friends I could call. I didn't own a mobile. I sat on a park bench and silently wept. I had no destination, no purpose. My life suddenly became so meaningless. I didn't give myself enough time to process what was happening with me. I didn't have anybody by my side to tell me -Don't cry Sam, everything will be okay. 

That day I could have suicided. Could have ended it all.

However, I found a reason not to. I found Angelo.

Angelo was a miracle. He was like a guardian angel sent to me by God. I mean, what were the odds that- an Italian-American, 30 year old man, owning a posh restaurant would sit by a girl who didn't have any place to go? The world isn't that selfish you see, I got to be very fortunate to be able to touch his heart by my story. He listened to me very carefully. And then took me by my hand to his car. Drove me to his apartment. Honestly, I didn't have any option other than trusting him completely, he was my only hope. His house was vacant. Just one servant who served me with delicious after noon meal. Everything seemed whimsical after that. Angelo became my family. I learned how to cook and joined as a junior chef in his restaurant at fifteen. He was the dad I lost long before my birth.

Angelo was constantly keeping an eye on me. One time there was this guy- Jacky who was a regular customer in the restaurant came to flirt with me and somehow Angelo found out about it he warned me saying- "Don't ever go near to that douche. If you do I will never speak to you. Remember that." I didn't. Because I knew if I did Angelo would never speak to me again. He was a man of his word and Besides, I wouldn't wanna hamper our relationship. I was finally happy with my life.

But the more days passed, the more I understood Angelo. He wasn't happy. His story was somewhat like this- His wife left him for another man leaving three years of marriage blissfully behind. Bitrisha was her name and she looked like a goddess. I sneaked in Angelo's drawer one day and found their wedding picture. They looked so perfect with each other.

Angelo would deny his frustration to me. No matter how many times I would caught him staring blankly in the off TV screen or not hearing my calls. I even could tell how drunk he was sometimes. No matter how much I encourage him to pick somebody date, he would dismiss the idea fully.

 Angelo was an attractive man, even I sometimes would find myself staring at him in a longing way. And how that time when I got sick, he took care of me so well. He was warm and polite, and sometimes he would make me laugh like crazy. I liked his company. I just couldn't find a reason why he was so lonely. 

I secretly developed feelings for him. I started writing about this in my diary. My love for Angelo grew with me. I would often get shy around him. I started wearing makeup and leave my hair fall down my shoulders so Angelo could notice me. I would get jealous whenever I saw Angelo with some woman flirting with him in the restaurant or coming to spend the night with him in the house. I would shed tears the whole night. And ignore him all day.

I was eighteen when I was first asked out on a date. I didn't tell Angelo about the guy I was seeing. He was a sophomore in college, (*I didn't apply for college. I wanted to continue my work in the restaurant as I was earning pretty decent for myself.) This guy I met catering in a college function. We went old school, he took me to the movies where we got cozy and kind of made out. I was late to arrive home that night and Angelo got pretty mad at me. I also I burst out saying- "You're not my dad. So Fuck off. "
"You're right. I am not. But you are my responsibility.And you are stuck with me." That was his last words me that night.

I felt really bad after shouting at him. I was actually stuck with him. I lived in his house. He employed me. And part of me still wanted to be with him. Boyfriend was just a distraction. To keep those feelings away. To keep those desires, silent.

Next morning I went up to his bedroom, only to find his gorgeous face pressed on a pillow, he was on his back, shirtless, I could see his muscles and strong back. Oh how much my fingers wanted to brush through his tousled hair. But I was in fear to wake him. So I just watched him sleep for a while like a creep. Then when I was about to leave, I dropped a vase by the door by accident, and that was stupid enough to startle him awake.

There he was, laying on his back, rubbing his eyes, only to find me pathetically looking at him for apology.

"Why are you here?" He said. Somehow I couldn't acknowledge if the grumpiness in his voice was for waking up from sleep or because he was still mad at me for what happened last night.

"I'm sorry." That was all I could manage.

I could see him smirk. I felt so submissively. He was the one, intruding my love life now I was being sorry. How unfair that sounded to me then.

"Are you, now?" He was still smirking.

I didn't say anything. I was just standing there. Waiting on him to accept my apology.

"It's okay. I understand, You need some space. And I am sorry too, for shouting at you. You are a grown up girl now, you have every right to have a social life. Just..." He sat back. "Don't get into a trap. Men can be assholes." I heard him sigh. "I was just looking out for you, you know."

"I know. And I am blessed to have you by my side." I couldn't hold back my tears then.

"Hey...." Angelo came out to hug me and before he even held me in his arms I burst out in tears. Suddenly all the sorrows just drove back. Those incidents that I still see in my nightmares.

He hugged me so tight that all the broken pieces of me just stuck back together. My pain was seizing with the warmth of his arms. And I have no idea for how long we'd been standing there, skin on skin.

--To be continued--









































Comments