"We slayed that." said Adam while they were in a mid night jamming session on bed. Rosa forced a smile. She seemed conflicted about something.
They had been performing at a cafeteria regular then. People loved hearing them sing. Rosa loved singing with Adam. But there was something she loved more. Going to places.
Adam put down his guitar, got off the bed to get some water from the fridge. When he got back he saw Rosa lying on her back staring at the car ceiling. Adam sat beside her.
"You okay?" He said while pouring water in his mouth.
"Yeah." She said without staring at him.
Adam put down the water bottle and lied beside her. Rosa shifted.
"I feel like you're distracted lately. From music." Said Adam.
"Am I?..."
They both stared at each other.
"Listen whatever it is, you can tell me." Adam affirmed her.
Rosa sighed.
"I called Bianca today...She is mad at me. She won't even ask me how I'm doing. She said she hates me for doing this to my family, for causing so much worries to my parents. She said she won't ever forgive me for leaving her, for being so selfish and thoughtless." Rosa stopped for a while for her voice was getting shaky as she was trying to hold her tears. Adam held her hands.
"She said- "Are you happy now? Putting us through hell, are you happy?" And I couldn't say I was Adam."
Adam didn't say a thing. He wanted to be there for her and listen.
"I don't wanna go back Adam. I will never be able to face them. Bianca, she hates me for what I did. She thinks I am a selfish bitch, I chose my needs over my family. And she is right. But. I love them, I remember them everyday I wake up, every night I go to bed..."
Adam squeezed her hands. She started to get tears. And he couldn't help but notice how beautiful she looked. He wanted interrupt her by kissing her in the lips. But he resisted. He knew it was not the time. They were lying next to each other while she spoke about her dreams.
"I won't be going back." She said.
"I will make sure you don't." Adam smiled warmly.
"But there's something I need to ask you, Adam." Rosa rubbed her eyes and looked at him.
"What?"
"If it's not too much to ask." Rosa got up and sat her feet crossing facing Adam. Adam looked skeptically at her.
"I know it's been like a month and half here...Yes I have been counting. Adam. I want a break."
"Break?" Adam got up and the bed got jumpy.
"Break from singing? Ugh. I am kind of getting sick of it."
Adam grinned. "Well, sure. You stay here and I'll go solo for a while."
"Yeah, I was getting there. Listen, I am kind of hoping that we move."
"We touring, we would be moving far and beyond."
"Yeah I know, but I wanna skip concerts. I get anxious on stage. It's like I am losing it. The passion to sing." Rosa said uncomfortably.
"What are you saying?"
"Okay I know this sounds crazy. Stupid and crazy..." Rosa got up from bed, leaving Adam still clueless about things she went to the messy part of the car they call kitchen. Adam knew how unpredictable Rosa could be at times so he got up and followed her with no surprise.
Looked like she was searching for something in the drawers and finally when she found what she was looking for she handed it to Adam. A piece of paper.
"Wow that's a lot of money!" He exclaimed.
Rosa smiled. "Jason wrote this check as a wedding gift. He didn't have the time to buy me a gift..."
"So what you gonna do with this?" Asked Adam.
"Obviously I wanna spend it."
"How, exactly?"
"So here's a crazy idea: Let's go to Greece."
Adam laughed.
"No Adam, I am serious. Santorini was first in my list to visit. I even was convinced to marry Jason for it to be our honeymoon destination. Now I can go there all by myself but I am not sure if I can handle even one beautiful sunset alone.Will you go with me? You're an awesome travel buddy."
"You're full of surprise aren't you?"
"Is that a yes?"
"Do I have any choice?"
"Nope." They smiled at each other.
"Okay Deal. We're going to Greece."
"We're going to Greece!" Rosa clapped like a child.
Adam was relieved to see her be lively again.
They had been performing at a cafeteria regular then. People loved hearing them sing. Rosa loved singing with Adam. But there was something she loved more. Going to places.
Adam put down his guitar, got off the bed to get some water from the fridge. When he got back he saw Rosa lying on her back staring at the car ceiling. Adam sat beside her.
"You okay?" He said while pouring water in his mouth.
"Yeah." She said without staring at him.
Adam put down the water bottle and lied beside her. Rosa shifted.
"I feel like you're distracted lately. From music." Said Adam.
"Am I?..."
They both stared at each other.
"Listen whatever it is, you can tell me." Adam affirmed her.
Rosa sighed.
"I called Bianca today...She is mad at me. She won't even ask me how I'm doing. She said she hates me for doing this to my family, for causing so much worries to my parents. She said she won't ever forgive me for leaving her, for being so selfish and thoughtless." Rosa stopped for a while for her voice was getting shaky as she was trying to hold her tears. Adam held her hands.
"She said- "Are you happy now? Putting us through hell, are you happy?" And I couldn't say I was Adam."
Adam didn't say a thing. He wanted to be there for her and listen.
"I don't wanna go back Adam. I will never be able to face them. Bianca, she hates me for what I did. She thinks I am a selfish bitch, I chose my needs over my family. And she is right. But. I love them, I remember them everyday I wake up, every night I go to bed..."
Adam squeezed her hands. She started to get tears. And he couldn't help but notice how beautiful she looked. He wanted interrupt her by kissing her in the lips. But he resisted. He knew it was not the time. They were lying next to each other while she spoke about her dreams.
"I won't be going back." She said.
"I will make sure you don't." Adam smiled warmly.
"But there's something I need to ask you, Adam." Rosa rubbed her eyes and looked at him.
"What?"
"If it's not too much to ask." Rosa got up and sat her feet crossing facing Adam. Adam looked skeptically at her.
"I know it's been like a month and half here...Yes I have been counting. Adam. I want a break."
"Break?" Adam got up and the bed got jumpy.
"Break from singing? Ugh. I am kind of getting sick of it."
Adam grinned. "Well, sure. You stay here and I'll go solo for a while."
"Yeah, I was getting there. Listen, I am kind of hoping that we move."
"We touring, we would be moving far and beyond."
"Yeah I know, but I wanna skip concerts. I get anxious on stage. It's like I am losing it. The passion to sing." Rosa said uncomfortably.
"What are you saying?"
"Okay I know this sounds crazy. Stupid and crazy..." Rosa got up from bed, leaving Adam still clueless about things she went to the messy part of the car they call kitchen. Adam knew how unpredictable Rosa could be at times so he got up and followed her with no surprise.
Looked like she was searching for something in the drawers and finally when she found what she was looking for she handed it to Adam. A piece of paper.
"Wow that's a lot of money!" He exclaimed.
Rosa smiled. "Jason wrote this check as a wedding gift. He didn't have the time to buy me a gift..."
"So what you gonna do with this?" Asked Adam.
"Obviously I wanna spend it."
"How, exactly?"
"So here's a crazy idea: Let's go to Greece."
Adam laughed.
"No Adam, I am serious. Santorini was first in my list to visit. I even was convinced to marry Jason for it to be our honeymoon destination. Now I can go there all by myself but I am not sure if I can handle even one beautiful sunset alone.Will you go with me? You're an awesome travel buddy."
"You're full of surprise aren't you?"
"Is that a yes?"
"Do I have any choice?"
"Nope." They smiled at each other.
"Okay Deal. We're going to Greece."
"We're going to Greece!" Rosa clapped like a child.
Adam was relieved to see her be lively again.
Comments
Post a Comment